I think I could just build a media career by appearing on every Jay Baer podcast he and his company produces.
Earlier this week, my interview on The Business Of Story was released — my third interview on Jay Baer’s third podcast. (You can hear my interview, “Top Tips from a Humor Columnist on How to Tell Better Brand Stories” here.)
We had a chance to talk about humor writing, and how it can be used in the business world. Some of the topics we discussed include:
- Why infusing your writing with humor will improve it dramatically
- How to break down comedic theory to make it accessible and useable
- Why you can absolutely can learn to be funny
- How stories are more approachable and more memorable with comedy
- Why some are hesitant to use humor in the workplace, but it is a misplaced fear
- How to absorb lessons from great fiction writers
Anyway, give the show a listen and let me know what you think. And be sure to check out Jay’s other podcasts for more great marketing information.
(Update: Park and his Business of Story podcast were featured as a case study in the latest edition of Branding Yourself, which you can get on Amazon.com.)