Please read this page before sending me any requests to publish your link-sharing guest articles.
- We do not accept contributed articles for any* reason. I’ll ask you for an article, don’t ask me.
- We do not participate in link building or link sharing. People like you are making it a shady strategy.
- We do not accept advertising. Did you see any ads on this page other than for my own book? There’s a reason for that.
- We will not include your link in any post already published. If I wanted to mention you, I would have done so the first time.
- We will not accept payment for any link building or contributed article, unless you’re willing to cough up $10,000. Then we’ll talk.
* I will only — ONLY! — accept submissions from new writers who are looking to build their portfolio of spec work and aren’t doing this to build backlinks. If you have a job where you are supposed to ask people if you can publish articles on behalf of your employer or client, then re-read this page until you realize this was written especially for you.
If you solicit sites to participate in any program of this kind, just take me off your mailing list, because the answer will be no.
If you ask, “But what about. . .”, let me interrupt you with “No.”
“What if I do this?” Sorry, it’s still “No.”
“But my thing is different.” No, it’s not. And also, “No.”
“But what. . .” “Knock-knock.” “Who’s there?” “No.”
Don’t email me and ask if I’ll make an exception. I ignore those messages and often flag them as spam. You no doubt already have the “Hey, maybe you missed my last message” message already queued up, and I’ll ignore that too. Save the time and just take me off your list, because the answer is still “No.”
And if you bug me enough, I’m going to call you out publicly in another blog article, which I’ll write myself.
If your goal is to publish an article for the purposes of link sharing to your website or a client’s website, you will fail to achieve that goal. Move along.
Unless you have $10,000.
Special thanks to Josh Bernoff’s “Without Bullshit” website for the inspiration for this page.
Photo credit: Leovinus (PXHere.com, Crrative Commons 0)