Ten Signs You’re NOT a Social Media Expert
10. You updated your blog in December. 2009.
9. You’re convinced that Orkut will be the breakout social network of 2011.
8. You’re feeding your Twitter stream into Facebook.
7. You think Chris Brogan was the star of “Jonah Hex.”
6. You’re still quoting the Malcolm Gladwell “10,000 hour rule,” unaware that you’re quoting someone who quoted someone else who didn’t actually read the book.
5. Your business email address ends with “@aol.com,” but you don’t work for AOL.
4. You work for AOL.
3. You play Farmville so much, Zynga’s revenues plummeted the week you went on vacation.
2. You tell people you had the high score on Technorati when you were in high school.
1. Your social media experience consists of your unpaid college internship at your dad’s accounting firm.
My book, Branding Yourself: How to Use Social Media to Invent or Reinvent Yourself (affiliate link), is available on Amazon.com, as well as at Barnes & Noble and Borders bookstores. I wrote it with my good friend, Kyle Lacy.