We are sponsors of At The Top Networking, an Indianapolis-based networking group for people who are, or want to be, at the top of their career ladder, the top of their game.
Every month we have a strategy session before the general networking session, and this month was “Common Marketing Mistakes Companies Make.” Each of us had 10 minutes to speak on our topic, and each of us was supposed to talk about 3 mistakes. Mine was “Common Social Media Mistakes Companies Make.”
I have to thank — because I totally stole these points from them — the following people:
- Ignoring Social Media: Gary Vaynerchuk, author of Crush It
- Broadcasting, Not Conversing: Tara Hunt, author of The Whuffie Factor
- Abandoning Your Campaign: Kyle Lacy, author of Twitter Marketing for Dummies (I helped write this one).
Also on the panel:
- Carissa Newton, Delivra, Email Marketing (far left, not visible)
- Karen Scharf, Modern Image, General Marketing (left)
- Ron Sukenick, Relationship Strategies Institute (right)
- Scott Cramer, Delivra, panel moderator (far right)
We have one more At The Top event on May 20, at the Skyline Club in Indianapolis. We hope to have more events in the future, and we’ll have more information on that in the coming weeks.